Wednesday, October 12, 2016

DIY Gourd Goose


A few weeks ago my parents and I attended a lovely 'Pumpkin Picking Party' at a friend's farm in Pennsylvania. We had the good fortune of selecting dozens of pumpkins - large and small - and this white gourd was one of them:


No doubt this long necked gourd totally looks like a little goose, so to make your own, simply tie a ribbon around the 'neck'. I love to make my own fabric ribbon with frayed edges. All you need is some cotton fabric material. Snip a tiny bit with sewing scissors and tear (as shown here:).



Add a little color to the beak, eyes and some rosy cheeks. I used some DecoArt paints for this and some black puff paint from A.C. Moore.



Display your goose where she can be seen by many! Halloween is coming fast ;) 
Stay tuned for more cute ideas.


PS - If you loved this craft, you will definitely enjoy relaxing to Zinnie's Garden Coloring Book ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10